Welcome to the Scoil Bhride PTA page
The Scoil Bhríde Parents and Teachers Association work to support the school team in creating the best school experience possible for our children. The committee is made up of volunteers who put themselves forward and it is our aim to have a parent representing each and every year from our ASD classes to sixth classes so that all children’s interests are represented. We are also lucky to have two teachers as members of the PTA.
PTA Sumup Store for online payments
The PTA operates within four key areas:
(The Covid-19 pandemic has seriously limited our opportunities to fundraise for this school year and we really appreciate people supporting the few events that we will be able to host.)
- Event management: this is an opportunity for the PTA to give back to the school community by providing refreshments, fun days and social events for the school. Our aim here is to promote an all-inclusive setting where children, parents and teachers can work together to enhance our children’s school life.
- Fundraising: part of our purpose is to raise additional funds that the PTA will use to enhance our children’s time in Scoil Bhríde by providing amenities and experiences that may not normally be available. Unfortunately COVID-19 has seriously limited our opportunities to fundraise for this school year and that we would therefore really appreciate people supporting the few events that we will be able to host.
- Communications and feedback: again, part of the role of the PTA is to provide a mechanism were parents can interact with and help influence their children’s education.
- Green School initiative: This is an area we want to focus on in 2020/2021, we would like some more effort to be put into improving our school community’s environmental awareness. We are working on some initiatives for the year ahead and welcome suggestions.
In terms of Fundraising, we were only able to hold events up to March due to Covid-19 and as a result we had to cancel the table quiz which proved very successful in 2019. The PTA organised a ‘Design your own Christmas Card’ which were professionally printed and available for parents to buy.
Unfortunately due to ongoing Covid-19 restrictions activities are seriously restricted. However we managed to fundraise by running two guess the price of the hampers throughout the school year. Two sports Hampers and our annual Christmas Hamper.
What we did with the money raised.
In 2019/2020 we raised just under €12,000. €7,500 went to the school to help cover the cost of sport and science equipment.
In 2020/2021 we raised €3258.99. We were able to treat the children to some very fun activities such as;
• Welcome back to school balloons
• Christmas Panto – The sword in the stone.
• Graduation Treat bags for 6th class.
• Ice Cream truck to the school.
• Water bottles given to all children in September 2021.
How we can all contribute to these events.
The PTA currently run and supply Tea and Coffee for our many events during the year, these include; New parents Coffee morning in September, Christmas coffee morning in the GAA, (this raises funds for the 6th Class show), The annual St Brigid’s walk, Celebratory reception for our Communion and Confirmation classes after their ceremonies and The family fun day.
Each of these events can only be run with our team of volunteers and with our bakers who generously give their time and resources to either help on the day or donate treats. Without both we could not afford to run each event.
We are all part of the school community and there is lots to do, if you don’t want to be on the committee, volunteering for one of the events or baking are important to the success of our events do get in touch if you can help out.
If you have a particular skill that you think would be great for students to learn about,(like the first Responders who were parents), or have an idea that you think could work, get in touch either via our Facebook group or the PTA email address. We also have the school app to support even better communication.
On Hold – Awaiting Government Guidelines.
As well as our many volunteers this years PTA committee members list is below. The PTA would like to acknowledge the work of Laura Leonard, Jane Balfe and Múinteoir Liam who have stepped down from the committee.
If you need to contact us you can do so by emailing [email protected] or via our facebook page – ScoilBhrideNaasPTAGroup
PTA Committee 2021/2022
Deborah O’Dea (Chairperson)
Clodagh Santonacci (Secretary)
David Ruane (Treasurer)
Niamh Mc Namara
Cathal O’Sullivan (Teacher rep)
Cara O’Mahony (Teacher rep)